Your dear pooch, which shows your utter love and attention, could be subjected to various kinds of troubles, some which enter the body orally. The mouth of the dogs could be a residing unit of many kinds of microbes that have terrible consequences on the entire body, apart from its mouth.
When these nasty microbes attack the dog’s mouth, the first and the foremost part which is affected due to this is the gums. Dogs may be indulged in constant munching habits due to which, some particles of the food gets stuck to their teeth.
When the microbes attack the teeth, they get lured to this stuck food and convert it into hard mass known as plaque. If not followed proper dog grooming tips to brush your dogs’ teeth, these nasty microorganisms convert the plaque into hard tartar, which is a cause of many tooth and gum diseases.
You may get the signals of gum disorders in your dog’s mouth with the following:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is a gum trouble in your dog’s mouth which accompanies redness and swollen gums.
- Foul smells: Foul smells from your dog’s mouth result mainly due to gum and dental troubles. Many people may tend to believe that dogs naturally emit a stinking odor off their mouth, but these indicate certain body troubles in which dental problems occupy the prime parts.
- Gum-teeth separation: If your dog has some gum trouble, it would result in exposure of the roots of teeth, due to receding of gums.
- Bleeding Gums: Blood from the gums are the indications of certain advanced gum troubles which are caused due to excessive notorious activities of microbes. These activities are the indications of dog not receiving proper oral care.
- Loose Teeth: Periodontal diseases and gum disorders may result in loose teeth of the dogs, which disable their capability to chew food. Many of the dogs may experience change in weight etc. conditions when their teeth tend to become loose.
Diagnosis And Treatment:
Gum treatment may require the help of expert oral vets which would diagnose to find out the exact cause of troubles in the teeth. The diagnosis process could follow blood test and extent of plaque buildup on the teeth of the dog.
According to the diagnosis, the vets would follow up with the treatment methods and medications. They may offer to remove the plaque with the dental equipments to reverse the action of microbes on the teeth.
When the gum troubles extend to be excessive, it could require the removal of the teeth of dogs. This is mostly done when the gum troubles have the indications to affect other body parts including nasal cavity and respiratory tract.
Preventing Gum Diseases In Pets:
The Gum diseases in the pets could be prevented by regularly brushing of your dog’s teeth with dog-special toothpaste and toothbrush. Many kinds of mouthwashes for pets and teeth-floss etc. are also available which could be offered for a supreme oral care of your dog.
For massaging the gums, you could also make use of various gum-massagers which are meant to enhance the blood circulation and tighten the gum-grip of its mouth.
Among food items, dry foods are specially suited for your dog’s teeth and help in cleaning the teeth as well. Chewing toys and gums may also be used to strengthen your dog’s teeth.
When your dog’s teeth and gums are healthy, it could enjoy every taste of its life. Therefore, follow regular schedules to brush the teeth of your dog and subsequently, get it free of many terrible body troubles.