One of the major reasons to dread buying pets such as dogs and cats, in spite of living them so much, is the allergic reactions that accompany them. If you or even somebody in your house starts sneezing, develops itches or even spots in their body due to the presence of pets, mind you! It could be a grave symptom of allergy from pets.
What Causes Allergic Reactions From The Pets?
You might think of a variety of culprits but the main responsible elements are the ‘dander’ from the outer coat of a pet. Danders are the loose skin flakes from the body of animals which it might shed due to many reasons. Many of the allergies in humans are also possible owing to the proteins in the pets’ hair.
The danders have the ability to spread in your house, especially on the furry materials such as carpets, beddings, draperies and upholsteries etc.
The coat of the pats is also capable of collecting many kinds of environmental allergens such as dust, insects and pollens etc. which are alone capable of causing many allergies in humans.
Therefore, if you encounter any such trouble in your house, you could do it away using some simple methods of removing the allergens.
Steps To Reduce The Allergy Causing Elements From Your Pet’s Coat:
- Keep yourself thoroughly clean in the house. After playing with your pet or patting it, always wash your hands with a proper soap or hand-wash.
- Keep your pets away from the human furniture or carpets of the living room. As these materials are quick to attract the dander, these could cause allergies. Instead, keep a separate pet bed in a corner of the living room and teach the pet to occupy the same, every time it enters the room.
- Regular grooming of pets is very necessary step to remove dander and other allergens of its coat. You could choose a proper dander-removing shampoo for the process and bathe your pet atleast once every one or two weeks.
- You could make use of a dander-remover spray to serve the purpose well if bath could not be offered to the pets. The natural enzymes in these sprays are capable of eliminating dander from the coat of your pet, while you are being visited by some pet-allergic person.
- You could make use of a High-efficiency Particulate Arrestance (HEPA) purifier in your house to trap and clean the allergens that float in the air of your living and bedrooms. These purifiers very effectively clean the air and allergic elements in them.
- Vacuum-cleaning all the items of your home such as carpets, curtains, furniture, beddings and even the floor of the house could remove most of the dander that have the capability of producing allergies in the body of humans.
- Wipe clean all the solid surfaces with moist cloth and disinfectants to further reduce the risk of allergies.
With the help of these simple steps, you could get rid of the allergy-causing elements in your pets, so that you do not hesitate to touch them and in turn, develop a healthy relationship with them.