How often does your purring mate show signs that something is wrong with it? Is it speaking something in its language and you are not able to get the head or tail of it? When these sorts of signs appear to happen, it becomes your prime responsibility to pay heed to such things yourself, or with the help of some expert in the field that could well understand the health needs of your cat.
When you bring home a kitty, you tend to provide for all the comforts it needs to thrive with you. It has left its family and chose you to be its family; therefore, it has also given you a responsibility in disguise of a happiness and pride that you tend to derive out of keeping it in the house. The responsibility of its food, health and well-being is what accompanies with the animal. You may think that it is quite easy to derive results in the same but sometimes the process is not that straightforward.
Here are some cats grooming tips that would help you out in knowing about how to keep a cat vigorous and hearty and provide it with all the essentiality’s needed to lead a happy life:
Providence for its Nourishment and Dwelling:
- Make sure to provide your cat some private space, secluded from hustle and bustle so that it gets a good sleep and remains undisturbed in the process. You could use cushions or spongy mattresses so that it is comfortable enough.
- The technique of using a litter box is very effective for a cat. It could use the litter box for doing away its daily wastes. Make sure it is clean and well-maintained. At first, your cat may not like it and would not be happy using it, but slowly try to get it in your cat’s habit so that it does not litter any other place in the house.
Always be specific in feeding the cat. Learn what are its feeding needs and habits. Its food habits generally depend on its age, size and activity levels. Cats require small amounts of food at frequent intervals. You could offer it packaged food that is obtained from the market after reading the instructions on the label very carefully.
- You could also offer it fresh homemade food but with the caution of excluding the prohibited items. Cats generally love carnivorous food items and these should be a part of its everyday diet. Also, provide it with ample amount of water that would help its body stay hydrated and quench its thirst.Do not provide it with milk and other dairy products. It could have a hard time digesting them.
Keep Your Cat Well and Fit:
- Accompany your cat to a veterinarian at regular intervals.You may not pay heed to a minor problem until it becomes severe and require extreme medical help. It is better to schedule its checkups at least once a year, if you find any differences in its behavior, its food habits, sleeping habits or any other thing that is inquisitive enough. You may also go for a blood test so as to check out if the internal systems are well to do or not. The condition of heart, the kidneys and the level of sugar in the blood could be very easily found out in the process.
- Get your cat the vaccines that are must for it. If it is brought new, it may be high in anxiety and cold tend to bite a person or other pets that you possess and poison them out of it. It is better to get it vaccinated as soon as it arrives. Doing this would also prevent it from a number of diseases that could be fatal for it in the long run.
- Your cat may require special medical treatments at times and it is to be kept track of by observing the changes that it encounters in its body. For instance, look at its eyes; do you see some changes such as secretions, red eyes, cloudiness or squinting? Does its skin have some serious changes such as swellings, lumps, bumps, itching, hair loss, redness or loss in color? Similarly it could have a problem in its ears, respiratory system, urinary system, digestive system and nervous system as well. Under these conditions, you have to consult a vet as fast as you could because some of these might appear to be minor ones but may turn out catastrophic in the end.
- Clean your cat on a regular basis. Follow a regular schedule for bathing your cat with a cat-special shampoo so that its senses are rejuvenated and it feels fresh. Though bathing is not recommended every single day but you could opt for brushing its coat or combing it to remove the unwanted particles that are entangled in it. The dust and the dirt are also removed in the process. Also, keep track of the hair that grow too often and the claws of your pet. The nails should be clipped with a prescribed clipper in a timely manner and the hair should be trimmed so that they do not become a dwelling for the fleas, dirt, germs and microorganisms.
- The other organs that may not require very frequent cleaning are eyes, ears and teeth. You could do them once a week or once a fortnight. But do not respite for the process as these too are very critical aspects in its grooming.
Get Your Cat to Mingle With Others:
- If the cat is new, it may require some time to adjust itself in the environment in and around you. It may not trust you as a master and would hide away itself. Be patient and let it roam with freedom, but under your care. You could offer it treats so that it starts bearing trust on you.
- Playing with the cats is another way to gain its trust and confidence. You could use a variety of toys such as rubber balls, small plastic animals like mice and rabbits etc. These would also help it stay fit and healthy and would offer it a workout. A fishing-pole style toy or pocket flashlights could be also made use of.
- If the cat is reluctant to play with you even at the hardest calls, try to make it play with the foods that you offer it. You could give it food in a container that has a very small hole so that it has to employ some means to get it out or offer it in a container that needs a shake to eject the food.
- Introduce it to the new pets that are in the house or in the neighbor so that it socializes with them. If it shows signs of anger, let them meet at a distance. They would surely develop an understanding between them in the long-run.
With the above mentioned steps on cats grooming, you could make your cat stay fit and healthy and at the same time develop a healthy relationship with you.It would also offer it a long life which is free of ailments and disorders and offer it and you a great companionship.