With the possession of pets, you would have certainly come to know about the foods, restricted for your pets. There are certain human foods that are not good for the pets. If these reach your pet’s belly, they could prove toxins for them.
In spite of these, there are certain healthy foods items for your pets that are stored in your refrigerator. These could be provided to them for their better physical state.
Some of the human foods that are utterly beneficial for the pets are as follows:
- Carrots: Carrots are enriched with Vitamin A and Beta Carotene. These are low in sugar as well as calories. You could provide these to your pet as a snack. While chewing carrots is beneficial for the teeth of pets, they could be helpful for the ones that are overweight. Lesser calorie intake means less chances of gaining weight.
- Pumpkin: You may certainly resist the idea of consuming pumpkin but this is a good vegetable for your pets. Pumpkins are an excellent source of Vitamin A and fibers which could prove beneficial for the digestive tract. These are also helpful for the dogs that have sensitive stomach. Pumpkins could be given in canned or fresh form.
- Eggs: Eggs are a huge source of nutrients such as riboflavin, protein, selenium and biotin etc. Vets suggest that these should be fed cooked but the egg-shell could also be a source of great nutrition. While cooking, care should be taken of not adding salt, pepper or any kind of seasoning in the eggs.
- Green Beans: Green Beans are the excellent source of fibers while they are less in calories. Vets recommend them highly for the pets that are overweight. A green bean snack would not only reduce the weight of pet but offer it a healthy treat as well.
- Salmon: Salmon meat is rich in Omega-3 fatty acid which is used to make supplementary oils for pets. These are also an excellent source of various vital Vitamins. You could prepare healthy snacks out of this, but with the care of prohibiting any kind of seasoning. Also, do not feed your pet with raw salmon meat.
- Sweet Potatoes: Better than most of the desserts, sweet potatoes are rich in Vitamin A, fibers and other helpful nutrients. These are easy to digest while ingesting fewer calories in their body. You could give it boiled, steamed or baked without adding any kind of seasonings.
- Apples: Apples are full of various phytonutrients and Vitamin C which could boost the immunity of dogs. A few slices of apple in a day could serve as an effective snack for your dog. You could give it with skin, but with the caution of removing the seeds as they contain natural cyanide.
- Oatmeal: Oats are used in many canned dog foods and these are beneficial for the dogs. Oatmeal is full of various vitamins, minerals and dietary fibers that could help the digestive tract of dogs.
These are some of the foods that you could share with your pets out of your plate. While they do not contribute in addition of calories to their body, they could render various health benefits that your pets need.