The recent trends in the modern world of 21st century say that pets are no longer the animals that you rear. In fact, these are more the members of your family that get to use all the facilities of your house, from the heated instruments in winters to air-conditioners in the summers.The recent trends in the modern world of 21st century say that pets are no longer the animals that you rear. In fact, these are more the members of your family that get to use all the facilities of your house, from the heated instruments in winters to air-conditioners in the summers.
Moving from their kennel, out of the house, to a cozy corner in your house, your pets could now have a separate lavatory, a specific bed, pet-specific stairs, designer bowls to eat and inculcate all the lavishness that the human beings to possess.
Due to this, pets have turned out to be more of your children, rather than being the four-legged creatures which had only a meager role in the human’s life. You also require to use the pet grooming tips to take care of each and every aspect, ranging from their outer appearance to their inner behavioral trait.
While training your dog, or even while travelling with your dog, you could come up with some situations where your dog could embarrass you with its urinating or defecating habits. Otherwise too, if your dog forgets a part of its grooming lessons or has some kind of trouble in its body, you could expect to spoil your mood with the pet’s waste.
A very effective product that could eliminate all the embarrassment and training troubles is the diaper for your dogs. Whether or not you have become a proud parent of your child, you would have seen innumerable times the infants being made to wear diapers for some specific reasons.
Dog diapers are the similar extensions of the product for the use of your pets and have various benefits associated with them.
Here we would discuss a bit about these dog diapers and cover the following major points that you should be acquainted with:
- What are pet diapers
- The kind of pet diapers available
- Uses of pet diapers
- Considerations while buying pet diapers
- Considerations while using or changing the pet diaper
- Pitfalls associated with the pet diapers
What Are Pet Diapers?
Pet diapers, or specifically the dog diapers are similar products that you use for your kids. These are designed to suit the body of dogs, in terms of their make, size, strength and usability. Pet diapers could be made up of almost the similar products as the kid diapers, with absorbents in them to prevent any leakage of urine or other liquids while you travel or train your pet.
These pet diapers could also be reusable, depending upon the kind of material that they are made up of, and they are used for some specific purposes only. Dog diapers are not the substitutes for defecating habits of your pets, but could help your dog when you train them for using their designated place of toilet.
The Varieties Of Dog Diapers Available:
The dog diapers available commercially could be of the following varieties:
- Disposable Dog Diapers: These are the most common varieties of dog diapers available commercially and are similar to the baby diapers or adult diapers that we use. Disposable dog diapers could be used for dogs in all the purposes- while training them for the toilet or when they are adult, not able to use the toilet due to disorders. However, making use of them regularly could be a dangerous consequence for your pets as these are made up of non-breathable fabrics and cause skin irritations. Besides, these are also not environment friendly as they are non-biodegradable in nature.
- Reusable Dog Diapers: Reusable dog diapers are alternatives for dogs that need to use the dog diapers regularly. These could be made up of washable clothes and are economical to use than the disposable dog diapers. Also, these tend to be eco-friendly in their use. Though the cleaning of a soiled pet diaper is beyond funny, when you treat your pet to be your child, this could be reasonably bearable.
- Harness Or Suspender Diapers: When the body of your dogs is not suitable enough to hold the diaper on its body, you could use a harness or suspender type dog diaper to fasten the product on its body. This is even usable when your pet has the habit of attacking the diaper on its body.
- Belly Band Diapers: Belly Band diapers are the newest versions of pet diapers which the pets are made to wear on their body. These could be specifically available according to the gender of your dogs. For males, these products are slid on the belly of your dog, covering just the crotch region. For females, these could be more in the shape of underpants covering the back region securely. These are extremely light in weight, offering utter comfort to your pet’s body.
- Full Coverage Diapers: These diapers are the ones that cover the entire back portion of your dog in a tight-holding manner to prevent any leakages that have chances of occurrence.
Uses Of Pet Diapers:
Pet diapers are the handy products for the following purposes:
- Urinary And Feces Troubles: For the dogs that have some kind of trouble in their urinary or excretory tract, you could employ the usage of pet diapers with utmost comfort. Dogs may suffer due to Urinary Tract Infections, weak urinary muscles, bladder troubles, microbial infections and diabetes etc. Due to these, even the most trained pets may sometimes find themselves in troublesome, embarrassing condition. You could eliminate all these conditions with the use of dog diapers.
- Senior-Aged Pets: Pets that are in the later stage of their life and have some kind of disorder in their body, may find it difficult to use the toilets for the needful. Even when your pet is disabled or has met some kind of accident, it could find itself unable to use the stipulated area of waste elimination. Dog diapers could be handy products for such pets.
- Training Your Dogs: While your dog is relatively young or untrained and you are in the midst of your pet grooming lessons, you could make use of the dog diapers on your pet’s body for additional safety and security of your house and surroundings.
Considerations While Purchasing And Using A Pet Diaper:
It is better to keep in mind a few factors before you go out to get a specific dog diaper or order these online. The most imperative one among all is the size of your dogs. Dog diapers are immensely variable in size, ranging from the size of a small Chihuahua to large Great Danes that you could rear.
It is better to be sure of the size as wrong-sized products could lead to the breach of their expected use. Apart from the size, the purpose of the diaper is also a great consideration. Dog diapers occur in various varieties and choosing one from the reusable dog diapers or disposable ones could be dependent on the kind of use you intent.
While Using The Dog Diapers:
Dog Diapers are needed to be used with consideration that you keep track of a few things while you use the product. Some of these are as follows:
- Read all the instructions offered on the labels carefully. Some diapers may even have additional handbooks which could be read properly before using these pet diapers.
- Diapers should be used only for the appropriate time limit and these should be removed once they turn wet or heavy. Inappropriate uses of diapers could be fatal for your dog’s body as the wet diapers could lead to infections or rashes on the pet’s body.
- While changing the diaper of your pet, you could wear a glove to prevent the contact of urine or feces on your hands.
- Baby wipes or dog wipes could be used to clean the designated portion of your pet’s body to remove any chances of infections or allergies due to extreme contact with the urine or feces.
- Most of the dog diapers come with a hole in them to keep the tail of your dog out. If you have already docked your pet’s tail or your pet has no tail, you could cover the hole securely with the help of a tape to prevent leakage from the point.
- At any case, before and while using a dog diaper, frequent consultation of a vet is very imperative. This is to make sure that your pet’s body gets adapted to the use of diapers and these do not cause any kind of physical harm.
- If you view the diaper posing harms to the body of your pets, discontinue their usage and get the help of a vet for the alternatives.
Keeping track of these few considerations would be highly effective in providing your pet safety with a dog diaper at the needful times. Some pets may be resilient to the usage of such products, but you could use the pet grooming tips to train them for such a purpose too.