We, the human beings, are supremely blessed by the Almighty. It is by His grace that we have got such a sovereign body, controlled by the brains. Moreover, we have our personal coaches, commonly known as our parents, who strive from our day 1 to their last day, to teach us each and every skill of life. What about animals? Are they blessed in the same manner too? Of course they are. Their parents too, teach them the skills to lead a life fit for streets and forests. But these skills will not show any good when you bring them to your house, to make them your housemates. Therefore, they require proper guidance in the regards.
Coaching a pet is a technique that comes under pet grooming methods and you very well know yourself, how important it is to groom your dear pet. What are the habits of your pet, how does he behave with you and with the strangers, its cleaning habits, sanitizing habits, food habits etc. could depict the guidance that you offer and also it could have a proper influence on your life.
Here are some tips on how to train your pet so that it could have a better way of leading a healthy life:
- The first and foremost step of teaching a pet is to gain its confidence on you. If your pet trusts you, then only it will let itself give you other lessons. This could be attained with shear love and respect from your side. Do not try to use a cane if it is not listening. If you want respect from it, surely you would have to offer some.
- Observe its behavior every time it sees a stranger. Teach it not to jump, shout or try to break its leash if it is tied. You could teach this by frequently bringing in strangers.
- Train your pet with the toilet tricks. If you are taking it outside, it will learn by the daily habits, not to pee in the house. If you have separate lavatory, take it to the place every day, so that it becomes a habit.
- Teach your pet certain tricks such as sitting, standing, shaking its paws with others when commanded. These tricks are elementary and your pet won’t mind learning them.
- No pets could understand the language that you speak. It is by the gestures of hand that you teach them. Slowly and steadily, it would be able to take up the command by the cue of your voice and start following them.
- Teaching habits are generally not to be taught as these are inborn, but if you are specific about the place that they sleep, teach them that. Take them to their resting place and pat them till they sleep.
- Reward your pet when it follows orders but do not shout or beat, when it does not respond to your commands.
- Get a professional help to make it learn the techniques which you are finding strenuous to teach.
With these simple techniques on dog grooming you could make it healthy and presentable for the people. Remember! It is an animal and not a human being. It will take its own sweet time. But if you try to make haste, chances are that it becomes stubborn in the long-run and not listen to you at all. Therefore, give it all the love and respect it deserves from you and in the course of time you would see it offering the same in return, but to a larger extent.